Saturday, September 13, 2014

We made it!

Just a quick post to say that after a very long day of traveling, my parents and I made it to Beijing. I just kept taking in the beauty as we drove to the hotel. It's like this crazy combination of NYC and Chicago but with much better landscaping/natural vegetation and far more interesting traffic. The traffic at 4:00 pm on a Saturday was far, far thicker than rush hour traffic in Louisville ever dreams of being, but yet it ran much more smoothly than our traffic does. (It probably closely compares to Chicago or LA traffic? But still far smoother and more chaotic all at once.)

The Internet at this hotel is a little wonky but I think it's because everyone is getting settled in for the night and using it more. Tomorrow it's up very early for a quick breakfast then back to the airport to fly to Zhengzhou, Henan, which is the province Ella is from. 

I meet her in 36 hours!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'm working this thing right, but I'm happy you made it to China safely and hope your next flight goes smoothly! Does this attach my email to it so you have it now? I'll just email you tomorrow. <3 Becky M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is your home email? You can email my home one as well or I'll just email your work one later today.

      Aaaaaahhhhh!!

      Delete